AnyConnect on Meraki MX download link

KevinShao
New here

AnyConnect on Meraki MX download link

Can anyone tell me why the AnyConnect download link on Meraki MX Client VPN settings is valid for 5 minutes only? Thank you.

2 Replies 2
rhbirkelund
Kind of a big deal

My guess is licensing. Normally you'd have to download anyconnect client from software.cisco.com, but inorder to do so you need to a) have a COO account and b) have a valid Service Contract.

Basically the page is allowing you to circumvent that requirement.

But I'm sure your local SE might be able to answer your question.

LinkedIn ::: https://blog.rhbirkelund.dk/

Like what you see? - Give a Kudo ## Did it answer your question? - Mark it as a Solution 🙂

All code examples are provided as is. Responsibility for Code execution lies solely your own.
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You really need to get setup to download AnyConnect directly from software.cisco.com.  Those links were provided as a convenience, and I'm not even confident they will remain (I keep arguing they are needed to make it "Meraki Simple").

If you have Cisco Umbrella, then you should move directly to using the Cisco Secure Client via the SecureX portal.  This system is far more automated and allows centralised control and updating of all the AnyConnect clients.  It even lets you push profile updates.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels