AnyConnect VPN connection with RDP

JR-Q
Here to help

AnyConnect VPN connection with RDP

Hey everyone - I'm having an issue with getting a VPN connection from a workstation that I'm connected to via RDP.

I've done some reading, and my understanding was that the profile needed to have "Allow Remote Users" included in the configuration, but even after making that change, I get the same error saying "VPN establishment capability for a remote user is disabled".  

My xml profile is below - I modified this directly in the VPN profile editor.

Is there something that needs to be setup on the MX side to make this work?

Screenshot 2023-07-17 131307.png

Thanks for the help!

4 Replies 4
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Does the site you are connecting to push a profile?  If so, editing a local profile won't make a difference.  You would need the VPN head-end profile to be updated to allow the VPN connection from an RDP session.

From my recollection, the setting you reference is the one that needs to be changed.

I'm attempting to connect to an MX84, and the profile update feature is currently disabled, so that isn't the issue.

Thanks!

Randrage
Conversationalist

Did you ever figure this out? I'm having the same problem.

I ended up opening a TAC case with Cisco - sent them a DART package, and they were able to determine that everything was configured correctly, but a profile was being pushed from the MX (even though the "push profile" option was disabled).    So I loaded the correct profile to the MX and enabled it to push, and its been working fine since then.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels