Allowing access to VLAN1 from VLAN 20 and VLAN 30 for a shared printer.

Solved
whocaresatwork
Here to help

Allowing access to VLAN1 from VLAN 20 and VLAN 30 for a shared printer.

I have a meraki MX75 connected to an MS120 switch.

I have a printer connected to a switch port set to VLAN 1 in trunk mode.

Rest of the devices are on VLAN 20 and VLAN 30 (both wired and WiFi).

I want devices on vlan 20 and vlan 30 to be able to access the printer. How do I do that?

1 Accepted Solution

Is the Zx (teleworker) network added to Auto VPN?

For its network to be able to communicate with your remote network, you need to advertise the network on Auto VPN.

https://documentation.meraki.com/MX/Site-to-site_VPN/Meraki_Auto_VPN_-_Configuration_and_Troubleshoo...

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Who is the default gateway for these VLANs, the MX or the MS? Regardless, if you don't have any ACL or firewall rule, communication is already allowed by default.

By the way, why is the printer port in Trunk mode? You can leave it in access mode.
I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Forget about the MS, now that I saw that it is the 120 which is only L2.

In any case, all communication between VLANs is allowed by default if you are not explicitly blocked by any firewall rule.

You are correct, I had a different issue that prevented access.

My next question: I also have a remote teleworker. When connected, they access to VLAN 30 only. How can I give them access to VLAN1?

Is the Zx (teleworker) network added to Auto VPN?

For its network to be able to communicate with your remote network, you need to advertise the network on Auto VPN.

https://documentation.meraki.com/MX/Site-to-site_VPN/Meraki_Auto_VPN_-_Configuration_and_Troubleshoo...

Thanks, that solved it!

I am new to Meraki....

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.