Allow traffic through mx50 firewall plus

Naiva
New here

Allow traffic through mx50 firewall plus

Hi, i bought a meraki go mx50 firewall plus and when i started working i noticed that it blocks some of the sites i work with without me making any configuration to it. I was searching but i can find how to configure that it would allow certain sites through, just how to block. Is it possible? Do i need an umbrella license for that? Thanks for the help.
4 Replies 4
Chema-Spain
Getting noticed

Hi,

I have not worked with GX family yet so all I can tell you is based in what I have seen in its product documentation. I have only seen a "block website feature" (only to block domains... in case you configure a subdomain it blocks the whole domain) and L3 firewall.

So it seems you can only work in a block-list (former black-list) not in a permit (white) list scheme.

L3 FW allows you to add permit or deny rules. However it is based in IP prefixes not in FQDNs.

I think you are right and an umbrella license would be needed for your requirements. It can be required from the GO Portal itself. Of course, not for free.

Regarding the internet destinations your GX is filtering by default: I'm not aware it could be using any kind of cloud-based content filtering. 

Anyway, in order to be sure about your needs, I suggest you to ask in the Meraki Go Community. Link below (For some reason Meraki and Meraki GO do not share the same portal nor the same community)

Meraki Go Community

HTH

Yes, probably there isn't any, bit its still weird that it blocks the site...

CptnCrnch
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Perhaps somebody in the Meraki Go Community can help out

I talked to our network guys and we found where can i whitelist an IP. So i am going to test when i come home. Thank you. 🙂

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels