After update firmware 16.16 DNS server or interface wan doesn’t solve URL meraki.brightcloud.com

Guerino
Here to help

After update firmware 16.16 DNS server or interface wan doesn’t solve URL meraki.brightcloud.com

Hello everyone,

We are facing issue with firmware 16.16 to solve URL meraki.Brightcloud.com when DNS of interface wan is configured with dynamic ip address 192.168.x.x same ip address from default gateway of modem upstream. This issue generally have been happening with specific service provider from Brazil. This behavior is stranger because the same dns server 192.168.x.x can solve the URL meraki.Brightcloud.com on firmware 15.x. This behavior we have noted on packet capture. When the issue appear the customer can’t navigate on internet our their application via Auto VPN. It looks  like the MX has stopped working. We have updated till the firmware 17.x and the behavior is the same

Let me know if someone have faced this issue 

Best Regards

Renato

4 REPLIES 4
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I think it's not an MX issue, I performed a test outside of a Meraki network and I couldn't access that specific URL either.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

Hello  Alemabrahao,

You can´t reach out this URL. I´not sure, but this URL is used to populate content filtering Meraki bases till the firmware 16.16.7. From firmware 17.10.2 last stable the MX uses Cisco Talos. Sorry I´m not clear or if I have spoken something wrong.

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Yes, I know about that. As you said in version 17.x they don't use Brightcloud anymore, so I think it's not a version issue. I'm using version 16.16.7 and content filtering has been working well.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
Guerino
Here to help

Hello Folks,

The issue was fixed on firmware 17.10.2. 

Thank you for all

Renato 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels