Advertise Static Route only to Spokes that Connect to Specific Hub in Multi Hub setup

rakaperbawa
Comes here often

Advertise Static Route only to Spokes that Connect to Specific Hub in Multi Hub setup

Hi Guys,

I am currently working on a network merger project involving three companies. There is one big company that runs on Meraki MX SDWAN that will merge the network of two newly acquired companies that run on MPLS. The approach we made is we install an MX in each HQ of those two companies and make them hubs due to several connection requirements, bear in mind that we are currently in the phase of merging the network, not the service and system, so those things still run independently.

The problem arises when I want to advertise certain routes from one of that new company hub, I set a static route to a 3rd party network and want to advertise that to the sites, but I only want to advertise that route to the site that have AutoVPN connection to this particular hub. By default if I advertise the routes from one hub, that route will be advertised to another hub and then to all sites that are connected to that hub, is there a way to filter this route advertisement so that it won't be advertised to another hub?

Thank you.

1 Reply 1
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Meraki Support can disable hub to hub communication.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels