I want to know the best method for adding a new MX84 with its new license and then also renewing all other devices. I want to make sure the old MX80 is out of the picture so it doesn't get the new MX84 license.
Thank you for your help.
Go with the plan you have supplied. Don't use the warm spare approach (nothing to be gained).
It might be a good idea to reach out to support at +1 (415) 937-6671. You'll usually get someone on the line right away. They'll be able to provide you with the best option to apply your license and make sure your co-termination date is correct.
I figured I would give an update on how this upgrade and renewal. It was actually very easy. The license renewal for everything was a single dashboard key. I chose renewal from the drop down and enter the key. It showed all of my devices and included the new MX84. Here is the process I used.
1. Turned off old MX80
2. Removed MX80 from network
3. Used the dashboard renewal license and added it to my network.
4. Claimed the new MX84 and added to my network.
5. Plugged in the new MX84 and had to configure the WAN port for PPPOE I just used the management port and went to http:\\setup.meraki.com
6. Once that information was in the MX84 went online downloaded some firmware rebooted and started working.
7. All I had to do was configure the LAN ports on the MX84. There are a lot more ports than the MX80 had. I even used the sfp port to directly connect our other site. Now both sites have direct connections to the MX84.