Adding Google or expanding major app list

AKW898
Here to help

Adding Google or expanding major app list

I want to dedicate all Google apps to a specific WAN. Is there a possibility of Meraki adding this and other core applications to businesses to the "Major Application List" in SDWAN & Traffic Shaping?
I have added a custom expression and am not sure of the accuracy as such.

10 Replies 10
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

To create this type of forwarding you need to use
Flow preferences > Internet traffic, but as you may have already noticed I can't specify target applications, I can only work with the IP or a range of IPs.

So I don't see a way to do what you want.
I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Note pretty, but Google publishes their IP address ranges:
https://support.google.com/a/answer/10026322?hl=en 

You could add each range you observe as being used as a separate custom policy.

PhilipDAth_0-1717706466730.png

Bonus points if you automate this using a Python script and the API.

@Bsalami , what's involved in getting Google Suite added as a major app for Internet flow preferences?

For this you need the SD-WAN Plus licensed, I hardly see anyone who buys this level of licensing.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

You do need an SD-WAN license to use the application based policies.  A standard licence will allow you to create a policy based on the destination subnet.

You can also buy SD-WAN Plus for just a single site (it doesn't need to be for every site).

I'm talking about using SD-WAN internet traffic, for enterprise and advantage the Flow preferences > Internet traffic option will be displayed

Interesting. All I can see is this

AKW898_0-1717737087757.png

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Because as I said, the option shown by @PhilipDAth  needs the SD-WAN Plus license for enterprise and advantage will be displayed the option Flow Preferences > Internet Traffic

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Load a rule for every prefix in the URL I gave you that contains the address space used by Google.

That seems like a very long process and too many entries.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels