4G Failover

lppowell110
New here

4G Failover

Has anyone had issues with the Meraki MX67C failing over to the 4G SIM card?  We are unable to get the router to detect the SIM that installed.  

7 REPLIES 7
dlowery
Getting noticed

This might seem dumb, but can you put the SIM card in a phone and find out if the card is working properly?

same quastion.

NolanHerring
Kind of a big deal

I have had this exact issue. I had an AT&T and Verizon nano-SIM. Tested both in another MX67C and they both worked, but they both would not work in the spare unit I had. Contacted support, and they told me that the device was not detecting anything, however I could clearly see the 3 metal marks making contact on the nano-SIM cards.

Ended up having to RMA the unit, and the new unit worked just fine.

I'm going to bet this is what your running into. I also had another unit where I could hear something rattle inside, but the built-in cellular did work, but I had to toggle it on/off a few times to finally get it to register.

Almost seems like a hit or miss scenario.

Contact support is your best bet.
Nolan Herring | nolanwifi.com
TwitterLinkedIn
Nick
Head in the Cloud

Thats interesting....

We've been battling a few MX67's that don't like their cellular connection. 

We've done a dance, told them a story. Powered them up and down and they don't want to play ball....

Hopefully not an RMA situ!

NolanHerring
Kind of a big deal

Well thankfully the RMA process is super easy and they got me a new unit within like a day or two.
Nolan Herring | nolanwifi.com
TwitterLinkedIn
Nick
Head in the Cloud

It is usually lovely and quick!
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Note that the MX67C may need a firmware upgrade before being able to use the cellular function for the first time.  So make sure you plug it into a wired connection first.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels