3rd Party camera issue

SOLVED
KMNEP
Getting noticed

3rd Party camera issue

I have faced some weird issue. I have been using 3rd party cameras within my network with NVR. The cameras and NVR is in different network with different gateway other than my LAN. There was no issue accessing the NVR cameras and do the configuration as required. But after moving my LAN under Meraki network, My users are having issues accessing that NVR which is still in same network that was in previously. Users cannot check the live feed in some time. While configuring the NVR too, there is auto logout from the system.

However, I again shifted those users to old LAN network and there seems no issue. 

I dont have any filters currently in my boxes. So, I am lost here what to check. 

Please suggest if anything can be done.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
KMNEP
Getting noticed

The main culprit for this issue was a range of NAT IP POOL. When I natted the destination i.e prefix of camera to a single IP. It solved the issue. 

This issue is not with camera only but with cpanel server and other critical servers too. 

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
BrechtSchamp
Kind of a big deal

Are the"issues" intermittent or can't they access the NVR at all?

Does the NVR have some sort of firewall that determines which source subnets can access it?

HI BrechtSchamp,

There are no any firewalls configured in NVR.

Yes the issues are intermittent. 

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

What subnets are in use,  and what is doing the routing for them? 

Both NVR and LAN are in 2 different private networks. NVR has a juniper gateway which is doing routing. I have whitelisted the NVR IP block in firewall too thinking if it makes any difference but it didnt. 

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

What is the gateway for the LAN?

MX250

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

How does the Juniper route to the MX, and the MX route back to the Juniper, to give both LANs access to each other?

The connection is as below:

Lan station ----- MX250 ---- Core router ----- Core router ----- Juniper box ---- NVR
KMNEP
Getting noticed

The main culprit for this issue was a range of NAT IP POOL. When I natted the destination i.e prefix of camera to a single IP. It solved the issue. 

This issue is not with camera only but with cpanel server and other critical servers too. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels