Meraki Automation Using Python FAQ

What will participants learn in this training?

This workshop will help participants apply Python concepts to write their own automation scripts with the Meraki Dashboard, also participants will also learn how and when to use Automation to solve challenges maintaining and deploying Meraki Networks.

How long is the training?

The workshop is designed to be a half-day session, four (4) hours.

Is this training held in-person or virtual?

This workshop will be conducted in a virtual classroom setting through the use of Cisco Webex led by a live instructor.

Is this training available in different regions around the world?

This workshop is currently being offered in North America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific regions.

What language will the training be delivered in?

This workshop is conducted in English (spoken and written). Please contact our team at certifications@meraki.com to submit your request for a session in other languages.

How much Python knowledge is required to attend this training?

No prior Python knowledge or experience is required for this workshop.

However, the process of installing Python will NOT be covered and it is highly recommended that participants come to the training with Python already installed on their workstation. Otherwise, participants will be directed to use pythonanywhere, a cloud-based python environment (a free account is fine).

How much Meraki knowledge is required to attend this training?

Participants are expected to have ECMS1 or equivalent Meraki knowledge before attending this workshop.

For more information, click here to see the current ECMS1 curriculum.

Who is the intended audience of this training?

This workshop is ideal for anyone looking to leverage the benefits of automation for deploying new Meraki networks, maintaining/troubleshooting existing Meraki networks, and to show the power of APIs. That means any Cisco Meraki customers or anyone in technical sales (e.g. Cisco Meraki partners, Cisco & Meraki SEs, Cisco Solutions Architects, Meraki PSS, Meraki TSA) are all good candidates for this workshop session.

I am not a developer - will I benefit from taking this training?

Automation of networks is increasingly becoming a norm in deploying, maintaining and troubleshooting networks. Having the ability to write basic scripts to automate common tasks can save a lot of time and cost in deployment and maintenance of networks. Network Engineers are not expected to develop applications like developers do, but automation network operations can easily be done using basic scripting, which this workshop aims to provide.

What do I need in order to effectively attend the training?

Participants attending the workshop should have a reliable Internet connection and a workstation (i.e. laptop or desktop computer) to join the Webex as well as to practice the exercises.

It is recommended that participants also have a personal or work Google account to be used during the training.

The process of installing Python will NOT be covered and it is highly recommended that participants come to the training with Python already installed on their workstation. Otherwise, participants will be directed to use pythonanywhere, a cloud-based python environment (a free account is fine).

How do I continue my learning after the training?

The Meraki Developer Hub and Meraki Community have lots of resources to build on top of the skills learned during the workshop.

How does this training align with Meraki DevNet Express?

While this workshop covers the fundamentals of using Python concepts with the Meraki Dashboard API, participants are encouraged to continue their journey with the Meraki DevNet Express learning track to expand their knowledge on topics such as git, Location Analytics, MV Sense, and Captive Portal.

How does this training align with CCNA DevNet?

CCNA DevNet covers/spans a much wider variety of topics around the entire automation workflow and across the greater Cisco platform. This workshop focuses only on using Python with the Meraki Dashboard.

Will a certificate or other accreditations be provided upon completing the training?

Currently there are no recognition certificates or course completion transcripts provided to participants of this workshop.

How do I register for the training?

To see available sessions and register in this instructor-led workshop, please visit the workshop's main page look for the green "REGISTER FOR A WORKSHOP" button.

To ensure that you're seeing all available training options, it is important to make sure that you have logged into the Meraki Community by clicking on "Register or Sign in" on the top-right of the page.

Last Updated: June 2023
Program summary

Learn from Meraki trainers in this interactive network operator workshop focused on Meraki automation using Python.

• For network engineers and operators
  • Intermediate level
  • Virtual instructor-led workshop
  • 4 hours
  • FREE
Register for a workshop

Check back frequently as new sessions are added monthly.