Public wifi and Meraki Go AP (GR10 or GR12)

raumin
Conversationalist

Public wifi and Meraki Go AP (GR10 or GR12)

Hello,

I am new to Meraki solutions (and french so sorry for possible mistakes !) and i have few questions about Meraki Go Indoor Wifi (version gr10 or gr12).

I have to install a wifi in a restaurant for clients. They aleady have a router with wifi and internet access but reserved for staff.

They plan to install public wifi (secured with password) but here in France, we have to keep logs for every connections for 1 year.

- Does Meraki Go keep connections logs ? For 1 year ?

- Is it possible to import a list of blocked domain ? like https://github.com/blocklistproject/Lists

- Can we setup AP in NAT mode so the public wifi is isolated from staff network ?

If none supported by GRXX, could you point me on a product which offer my asks ?

Thank you !

1 REPLY 1
Xydocq
A model citizen

Hello @raumin

To answer your questions:

- Does Meraki Go keep connections logs ? For 1 year ? No, Meraki Go keeps those Iinformation for a month

stats.png

- Is it possible to import a list of blocked domain ? Yes, you can create a list with blocked domain-names Blocking Websites with Meraki Go - Cisco Meraki

- Can we setup AP in NAT mode so the public wifi is isolated from staff network ? Yes Meraki Go - Guest Networks - Cisco Meraki

Maybe you'll find what you're looking for here: Home - Cisco Meraki