Meraki Go vs Meraki Enterprise

SOLVED
Karl_Jacobsen
Getting noticed

Meraki Go vs Meraki Enterprise

Hi all,

Is there a white paper on all the limitations of Meraki Go compared to Meraki Enterprise?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I have a full stack of Meraki Go and Meraki equipment.

The Go access point does not have scheduling or most of the features of a MR. That said, you can create an isolated guest network, set usage limits and get email notification when equipment goes off line.

The firewall subscription gives you Cisco Umbrella, but you cannot disable content filtering. There is no Snort for traffic inspection, but there are layer 7 rules in the access point.

The switches support POE, and cable testing, but not isolation.

I know this is just a smattering comparison. Let me know if you have any specific questions.

- Dave
Dave Anderson

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
DomWilki
Meraki Go Team
Meraki Go Team

Hi Karl,

We currently don't have a white paper that compares the limitations between these two product lines; however, the data sheets for models in each product line can be compared.

My apologies as I know using this process for the comparison may be tedious.

Cheers,

Dom Wilkins

Thanks Dom... What about software limitations? I currently have Meraki Enterprise at home and I'm trying to figure out of I can save some money switching to Go and still get the features I use in Enterprise.

Hi Karl,

Difficult to say without knowing specifically which dashboard features you use. The documentation site might be a useful place for you to understand the Meraki Go feature set https://documentation.meraki.com/Go

Regards

Lee

Thanks Lee... Looking at the Feature Details page from the link you mention... So there are no scheduling of WiFi networks in Meraki Go?

I have a full stack of Meraki Go and Meraki equipment.

The Go access point does not have scheduling or most of the features of a MR. That said, you can create an isolated guest network, set usage limits and get email notification when equipment goes off line.

The firewall subscription gives you Cisco Umbrella, but you cannot disable content filtering. There is no Snort for traffic inspection, but there are layer 7 rules in the access point.

The switches support POE, and cable testing, but not isolation.

I know this is just a smattering comparison. Let me know if you have any specific questions.

- Dave
Dave Anderson