Meraki Go app share SSID

SOLVED
Roska
A model citizen

Meraki Go app share SSID

Hello there

Recently watched a webinar and Kevin mentioned that you´re now able to share your SSID info to users in app. I´m using Android app v 1.0.14 and I can only press share and QR code appears on the screen. I´ve understood that I should be able to have more options for sharing my SSID.

Is the sharing feature only limited to App store application or is my Android app not working properly?

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
SharmarkeS
Meraki Alumni (Retired)
Meraki Alumni (Retired)

Hi Oscar,

Good news! Our development team has released Meraki Go 1.0.15 to Google Play which has some fixes including SSID share screen. This update includes bug fixes and usability improvements.

Once you have upgraded to version 1.0.15, follow the steps @Vanessa mentioned in the previous post and this should bring up the other options to share your credentials besides the QR code, such as via mail or SMS.

Please let us know if this helped or you encounter any problems.

Best Regards,
Sharmarke

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
VanessaM
Meraki Alumni (Retired)
Meraki Alumni (Retired)

Hi Oskar,

Great question! You should be able to share your credentials by navigating to networks > tap the network you would like to share > tap share in the top right-hand corner > tap share wifi. This should bring up the other options to share your credentials besides the QR code, such as via mail or SMS. For more information, check out this KB article. If you are still experiencing issues, we recommend opening a case with our Support Team. You can do so through the app by navigating to settings > help > contact Support. If you have any additional questions, please share them!

Roska
A model citizen

Not working and app is up to date. I will contact support.

SharmarkeS
Meraki Alumni (Retired)
Meraki Alumni (Retired)

Hi Oscar,

Good news! Our development team has released Meraki Go 1.0.15 to Google Play which has some fixes including SSID share screen. This update includes bug fixes and usability improvements.

Once you have upgraded to version 1.0.15, follow the steps @Vanessa mentioned in the previous post and this should bring up the other options to share your credentials besides the QR code, such as via mail or SMS.

Please let us know if this helped or you encounter any problems.

Best Regards,
Sharmarke

Hello

Yes, seems to be working as promoted now. Thanks