Meraki Go MX20 - add existing wifi mesh network to app

SOLVED
mbraden
Just browsing

Meraki Go MX20 - add existing wifi mesh network to app

Just got my MX20. Connected it to my provider modem, then connected one of my Macs and then my mesh wifi hardware. It all works, but when I go into the MGo app on my iPad and add a wifi network, I can't figure out how to connect my wifi network to that instance in the MGo app. If I look at the port the wifi is connected to, it seems to recognize the connection as wifi, but I'm not sure. How do I add my existing wifi network to the app? The app is clearly connected to the MGo, and recognizes what ports are active, etc.

Is there a specific source of documentation for this product? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
hidden0
Meraki Alumni (Retired)
Meraki Alumni (Retired)

Hello @mbraden 

The Meraki Go app only control Meraki Go hardware (such as the GX20, GR access points, and GS switches). While your existing network hardware will indeed work, it must be Meraki Go hardware to fully take advantage of configuration within the app.

Unfortunately you cannot plug in your existing hardware into the app to manage it.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
hidden0
Meraki Alumni (Retired)
Meraki Alumni (Retired)

Hello @mbraden 

The Meraki Go app only control Meraki Go hardware (such as the GX20, GR access points, and GS switches). While your existing network hardware will indeed work, it must be Meraki Go hardware to fully take advantage of configuration within the app.

Unfortunately you cannot plug in your existing hardware into the app to manage it.