Gx50 firmware 18-1-07 vs 17.10.2

speakerfritz
A model citizen

Gx50 firmware 18-1-07 vs 17.10.2

Anyone have release notes and history of gx50 firmware 18-1-07?

not sure when they went from 17.10.2 to 18.1.07, but, something in noticed recently which I didn’t notice before…the occasional appearance of IP6 IP addresses on my network devices.  I say occadional since if I start rebooting things…I may or may not get ip6 addresses vs ip5 addresses.

it would be. Ice if these updates were on a schedule and we had release notes.  An email notice in advance would be world class.

3 Replies 3
TyShawn
A model citizen

I believe that the IPv6 address should have started in the 17.X series of firmware as the Meraki MX devices did. I'm assuming you're referring to the WAN interface, and if so yeah that started in the 17.X. If the GX is like the MX you will not have the ability to disable IPv6 on the WAN interface.

Thanks for info

i occasionally get ip6 ip addresses on my internal network.

not the end of the world….just curiius

speakerfritz
A model citizen

So now it turns out that the ip6 feature that was added by the above mentioned firmware upgrade prevents a lot of security functions from working…web blocking does not work with ip6, content filtering does not work with ip6, etc.  

basicly everything I bought the gx-50, Meraki go switch and AP’s no longer works.   The features that help me decide on Meraki go, only work on ip4 addresses and will not work with ip6 addresses.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.