GR-10s In Multiple Sites - Best Practices

UNCFOperations
New here

GR-10s In Multiple Sites - Best Practices

Hello,  

Due to the lack of availability of MR access points of our liking, the organization has been forced to deploy GR10s in their place.  We have been pleased with their performance this far and plan to use them in multiple sites staffed with three people or less. 

As we have deployed them, we are running into licensing issues reaching the limit of networks. I am asking for some guidance here. 

1. What's the best way to deploy GR10s in multiple locations? 

2. Do networks have be at the same location?  (BTW, that doesn't seem to be the case - which is fine). 

3. Should I create separate accounts? Ideally, I would like one account with up to four (4) networks (possibly by region) and sites with GR10s grouped within those networks.  Can this be done? If so, any downsides? 

4. I was told that there's a limit of SSIDs of 4. Could someone confirm that this is per GR10 and not to be confused with the max number of networks. 

Thank you! 

Marc

1 Reply 1
Cykstfc
Here to help

You can create multiple “companies” on the web browser version however the settings do not carry between each company. Each company is limited to one GX, 50 GR and unlimited GS. Only four wireless networks per company.

Typically I would recommend one location = one company, but if you are just using the APs there is nothing wrong with having multiple physical locations under one company, just keep the 50 AP and 4 SSID limit in mind.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.