Can't hit IP on remote system

EricV1
Conversationalist

Can't hit IP on remote system

Good morning folks

I have a medical office I help out and setup a Meraki Go for their router and we are using VPN

I can connect the vpn successfully but I can't ping or hit the server on the inside.

I get an IP in the correct range on the remote side on the PPP connection.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Eric

3 Replies 3
TonyNg
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hello Eric,

For clarification, is the subnet to your client VPN different from the local subnet on the Meraki GO router?

Are you able to ping the GX50's local IP address on that VLAN interface?

Also, often times a server's local firewall (the firewall settings of the server itself) is set to block traffic sourcing from a different subnet by default. Can you verify that the server's local firewall settings are allowing traffic from a different subnet?

Best Regards,
.ılı.ılı. Tony N.
Cisco Meraki Technical Support

EricV1
Conversationalist

Thank you very much.  I beleive you are correct.  But I'm not sure how to make the change to the subnet on the Meraki.  Can you assist me with that?

I can't touch the server settings so I can only adjust the Meraki

Thanks very much

Eric

Xydocq
A model citizen

hello @EricV1 

I assume you run on the Default VLAN.

To change the settings go to Networks - Default - Edit - Configure VLAN.

settings vlan.jpg

Here the IP of Default VLAN was changed to 10.10.0.0/29. If the server site is running on 192.168.1.1 you have to change it to something like 192.168.2.1 on the client site. (red highlights the number you have to change it can be anything between 0 and 254)

If you have set any Reserved Addresses you'll need to change them to fit the new IP range.

More Info can be found here: Configuring VLANs in Meraki Go - Cisco Meraki Documentation

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.