With all the craziness going on in the world... How are you doing?

Mr_IT_Guy
A model citizen

With all the craziness going on in the world... How are you doing?

Hi everybody,

We're going on 6 weeks (at least in my area) of stay-at-home orders and businesses being closed. Like I'm sure many of you are, I'm an essential employee so I'm still headed into the office, but boy do things sure feel different. The office is a lot quieter and traffic is down, but I do miss my co-workers and the ease of collaboration.

There's still a lot of problem solving going on in these forums and people helping each other out, but remember, this is the Meraki COMMUNITY. So community, with all the crazy stuff going on, I just want to know how you all are holding up in the real world?

Found this helpful? Give me some Kudos! (click on the little up-arrow below)
6 REPLIES 6
jdsilva
Kind of a big deal

Doing about as well as can be expected here. I've been working from home since Mar 18th, but as far as work goes it's business as usual. I've no shortage of things that need getting done. My dogs have been liking all the extra walks and treats that's for sure!

tantony
Head in the Cloud

I'm also working from home.  I think its been about 2 months, I lost track.  I do try to go to the office once per week at off hours just to check in on the IT stuff.

@jdsilva, that's about the time we sent our folks WFH. How are you liking it?

@tantony, I hear that alot from folks I've spoken too. I've always felt like days ran together, but the weekends at home keep me somewhat on schedule. With always being at home, I'm sure time just gets all sorts of messed up.

Found this helpful? Give me some Kudos! (click on the little up-arrow below)
jdsilva
Kind of a big deal

@Mr_IT_Guy wrote:

@jdsilva, that's about the time we sent our folks WFH. How are you liking it?

Meh. I used to work from home years ago and I found out then that I prefer working from an office with the flexiility to WFH when needed. But I absolutely do not miss my daily commute. I hate driving in ruch hour traffic and getting that time back is awesome. 

PacerX
Getting noticed

@Mr_IT_Guy I too am a "needed at the office" guy. All of our office staff are now working from home but I am still needed to assist our warehouse staff. The office has been much quieter and a way to boring. I miss the office banter among my cube mates. I am the only network guy for our company/remote locations so it keeps my day busy but still feel a bit lonely.

The Wandering Pacer
"Not all who wander are lost" - J. R. R. Tolkien
www.thewanderingpacer.com

Have been working from home since 24 March I think, not sure exactly have lost track of time. 

I am forcing myself to go for a walk each day, it's amazing during a busy day at the office how far I can walk in a day. 

Our systems are all working well, the problem is those that have poor quality internet or live in remote areas. 

The dogs love the fact I'm home more.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.