Webinar: The Meraki Quarterly - April 2019

NolanHerring
Kind of a big deal

Webinar: The Meraki Quarterly - April 2019

For those that were not able to attend live.

Link is below on YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42tZc0jBOr4

Nolan Herring | nolanwifi.com
TwitterLinkedIn
11 REPLIES 11
kYutobi
Kind of a big deal

Thanks bro @NolanHerring 

Enthusiast
jdsilva
Kind of a big deal

@MeredithW Stole the show on this Quarterly 🙂

I will say this, as I have mentioned it before.

Dear Ether out in the Universe,

I see the photo of them in what appears to look like a radio station sound booth, with high end microphones etc.

However, for some reason, the audio quality for this Webinars is almost always 'not good'. Which strikes me as odd considering the amount of effort they put into the production based on the photos I've seen.

My only conclusion is that WebEx and its ridiculous 25Kbps audio stream is just ruining all that effort.

Is there any way that you guys (if your reading this of course) are able to utilize some sort of method so that the video that gets uploaded to YouTube uses the original audio quality being recorded, and not what WebEx is spitting out?

I"m sure there is nothing that can be done for the live-streaming over WebEx, it is what it is (although why they don't provide an option to offer a little more bandwidth for the audio stream is beyond me), but hopefully the YouTube video will be able to use the original audio.

P.S. - If I am the only one that seems to notice this and it doesn't bother anyone else, I'll shut up 😃

Thanks !!
TwitterLinkedIn

@jdsilva she sure did!

@NolanHerring I think it's not that simple. As for example in this case @Saralyn was calling in remotely. So that would've been a webex audiostream anyway.

I was on the quarterly call and didn't seem to notice any bad audio.  Sorry to hear yours was poor.  There are varying levels of audio quality from one speaker to the next, but overall it seemed ok.  Checking the recording, I won't deny that it seems to be more "telephone quality" and you do have to turn up the volume quite a bit.  It's clear, the quality seems ok, but low volume.  @merakisimon  FYI

@MerakiDave Thanks!  Yeah I mean it isn't terrible etc., but your analogy of telephone quality was spot on I think.

Maybe I'm just discovering that I'm an audiophile and taking it out on you guys hahaha

Awesome job guys, keep it up 😃

TwitterLinkedIn

@MerakiDave and @NolanHerring There have been times that I couldn't go through with some webinars because of the audio quality. Not that is too bad but just jittery and after a while you're just like 😵

Enthusiast

Hey @NolanHerring! Thanks for letting us know about your experience with The Meraki Quarterly.

Ideally yes, we would like to have a best live streaming experience for you all. I can't promise a fix overnight but we'll take this feedback into account when we start planning for the next Quarterly along with other future webinars.

How did you think the video quality came across for you in Webex?

@TaylorL Thanks for the response 😃

Video is fine, and I can still understand everything on audio. So I don't mean for this to come across as a complaint because I know via WebEx / streaming you can't really do anything about the bitrate etc.

I was just thinking for when it gets uploaded to YouTube, to somehow use the excellent quality audio that those microphones look like they can pickup.  😃

TwitterLinkedIn

We can definitely look into that!
davidvan
Meraki Alumni (Retired)
Meraki Alumni (Retired)

For those of you looking for the link to the Wi-Fi 6 event happening on 4/29

https://engage2demand.cisco.com/LP=15068

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.