New to the community with a couple general question

Solved
Birdn
Just browsing

New to the community with a couple general question

Hi everyone,

I'm new the community and we're currently exploring the Meraki solution. I've looked through various posts but I'm wondering, does this solution provide for device (Windows, iOS, Mac OS, Android, etc.) app and OS updates? I know some solutions have this type of capability built into its platform, while other vendors require that the customer has to have, for example a Windows SUS server to address Windows updates, and so on.

Any thoughts on how this works in the Meraki space?

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution
EugeneL
Conversationalist

I am new to Meraki as well , however pretty much everything in Meraki is controlled in dashboard.

For every type of equipment there are updates that are applied automatically depending on whether you choose

more stable or beta type software. You can schedule when updates occur in the dashboard

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
EugeneL
Conversationalist

I am new to Meraki as well , however pretty much everything in Meraki is controlled in dashboard.

For every type of equipment there are updates that are applied automatically depending on whether you choose

more stable or beta type software. You can schedule when updates occur in the dashboard

Awesome!!

Thanks.
BrechtSchamp
Kind of a big deal

I'm afraid @EugeneL meant the updates for Meraki's hardware devices (switches, access points, firewalls, etc.), those are installed automatically. However your question was more about whether Meraki's MDM solution Systems Manager can deploy updates to the client devices it is managing right?

Afaik it can only do that for iOS devices, and only when they're DEP supervised.

See this:

BrechtSchamp_0-1577172964078.png

Source:

https://documentation.meraki.com/SM/Device_Enrollment/Systems_Manager_Agent_and_MDM_Profile_Enrollme...

Also this page specifically about using that feature for iOS:

https://documentation.meraki.com/SM/Apps_and_Software/Deploying_OS_Updates_with_Systems_Manager

Slightly related you can require your devices to have a specific OS version for compliancy purposes, and use the compliancy status to do other stuff (like installing certain apps, provide access to corp wifi, etc.):

meraki_SM_minimum_OS_version.PNG

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.