Meraki and California power outages

SOLVED
tony3
Conversationalist

Meraki and California power outages

Sorry if this is a stupid question but since Meraki is based in California, and they have power outages, will it affect the Meraki Cloud?

I didn’t see anything on the forum. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Also note there are shards all around the world.  Your organisation tends to go on the shard closest to you. 

So at worst it would only be orgs in that one geography at worst that would be affected. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

No issues have come up in the past. 

tony3
Conversationalist

I’m sure  Meraki have back ups just in case. 

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Also note there are shards all around the world.  Your organisation tends to go on the shard closest to you. 

So at worst it would only be orgs in that one geography at worst that would be affected. 

tony3
Conversationalist

Ok thanks. Just want to be ready just in case. 

I just want to add to what @PhilipDAth already clarified. Our data centers are distributed geographically and are redundantly designed to provide disaster recovery in cases of emergency. Rest assured, you are in safe hands 🙂

Cheers!

Raj

If you found this post helpful, please give it kudos. If my answer solved your problem, click "accept as solution" so that others can benefit from it
Uberseehandel
Kind of a big deal

Any residual doubt as to resilience - consult Chicken Little - (note the Meraki Corporate outfit and spectacles - obviously a longtime staffer)ChickenLittle01[1].jpg

Robin St.Clair | Principal, Caithness Analytics | @uberseehandel
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.