MS RDC on Windows 10 works through Meraki VPN MS RDC on MacOS does not

mdent
Just browsing

MS RDC on Windows 10 works through Meraki VPN MS RDC on MacOS does not

I'm able to connect to the VPN on both operating systems.  When I use MS RDC on Windows 10 to get to a machine on the VPN it works fine.  When I use MS RDC on MacOS to get to that same machine it fails with error 0x204.

Any solutions?

5 Replies 5
Nash
Kind of a big deal

1) Do you have a pingable machine on the appropriate subnet?

2) Can you ping that machine from the Mac when it's connected to the VPN?

mdent
Just browsing

Yes, I can ping the IP of the machine.  

I'm using an alternate port on the machine for RDP access (xxx.xxx.x.xx:xxxx) which is what I'm trying to connect to.  But I can ping xxx.xxx.x.xx just fine.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

When I google this is appears to be a very common issues with Mac and the RDP client.  Some of the articles seem to indicate it is related to the authentication settings that are enabled on the Windows 10 machine (you might need to weaken them).

Make sure you are using an up to date Mac RDP client as well.

I don't think this is a Meraki issue.

Thanks for your reply.  I've tried unchecking NLA, changing Group Policy settings...basically, everything I could find on the Internet but still no success.  I still get Error code: 0x204 when using a Microsoft Remote Desktop Version 10.3.8 with a Macbook Pro running Catalina Version 10.15.3.

I connect with the Meraki VPN just fine using either a Windows 10 or the Macbook Pro.  Microsoft RDP on Windows 10 works fine; Microsoft RDP on Catalina will not connect.

Any other thoughts?

Just had to fight with a similar problem. Turns out that if the local network on the remote side has the same structure as your local network (both local IP adresses are in 192.168.0.0/24 networks for example) then you can't complete the connection.
So I had to set up a redirect for the clients IP. Client enters a madeup IP  address in the RDP client and it redirects him to the remote PC.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.