Implementing 802.1X wired authentication

Radha0545
Here to help

Implementing 802.1X wired authentication

Hi there,

Just wondering if anyone had implemented 802.1X wired authentication using just meraki switch with 802.1X capabilities and NPS. If yes, can you guys share me the steps to implement please ?

PS: meraki end its clear for me but i'm bit confused with NPS part configuration.

Kind regards,
Radha

6 Replies 6
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

To be honest, the documentation is very clear.

https://documentation.meraki.com/MS/Access_Control/Configuring_802.1X_Access_Policies_on_MS_Switches...

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

ok thanks i have already gone through this document. so on AD just create GPO and apply it to the machines?

The doc is not talking about GPO, you need to create a NPS Access Policy, like is described.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Radha0545_0-1720606012956.png

It's a Windows Group or domain group.

alemabrahao_1-1720606355196.png

Thank you for the screenshot probably i might need further help 🙂 further so I'm keeping this thread open for now.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.