Hidden jokes

rhbirkelund
Kind of a big deal

Hidden jokes

When prodding around in certain environements, I love when you stumble upon hidden, inside jokes.

In the Meraki API, in the config.py file, there's some documentation on the optional parameter MERAKI_PYTHON_SDK_CALLER

# Optional identifier for API usage tracking; can also be set as an environment variable MERAKI_PYTHON_SDK_CALLER
# It's good practice to use this to identify your application using the format:
# CamelCasedApplicationName/OptionalVersionNumber CamelCasedVendorName
# Please note:
# 1. Application name precedes vendor name in all cases.
# 2. If your application or vendor name normally contains spaces or special casing, you should omit them in favor of
#    normal CamelCasing here.
# 3. The optional slash and version number are optional. Leave both out if you like.
# 4. The slash is a forward slash, '/' -- not a backslash.
# 5. Don't use the 'Meraki' name in your application name here. Maybe in general? I'm a config file, not a lawyer.
# Example 1: if your application is named 'Mambo', version number is 5.0, and your vendor/company name is Vega, then
# you would use, at minimum: 'Mambo Vega'. Optionally: 'Mambo/5.0 Vega'.
# Example 2: if your application is named 'Sunshine Rainbows', and company name is 'hunter2 for Life', and if you
# don't want to report version number, then you would use, at minimum: 'SunshineRainbows hunter2ForLife'
# The choice is yours as long as you follow the format. You should **not** include other information in this string.
# If you are an official ecosystem partner, this is required.
MERAKI_PYTHON_SDK_CALLER = ""

I'd just like to acknowledge that Meraki shouldn't act as lawyers, but also point out the coincidence of them using my password "hunter2"!

LinkedIn ::: https://blog.rhbirkelund.dk/

Like what you see? - Give a Kudo ## Did it answer your question? - Mark it as a Solution 🙂

All code examples are provided as is. Responsibility for Code execution lies solely your own.
2 Replies 2
TCPIPWizard
Conversationalist

Maybe a stretch, but Mambo No 5. was written by Lou Bega, close to Vega lolol

Hahaha - I'm sure you're right. 😄

LinkedIn ::: https://blog.rhbirkelund.dk/

Like what you see? - Give a Kudo ## Did it answer your question? - Mark it as a Solution 🙂

All code examples are provided as is. Responsibility for Code execution lies solely your own.
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.