I tested and all was fine. It may be that because all servers and storage are in the Cloud, that everything got tidied up when that was implemented. About the same time, I also did a lot of tuning to minimise delays from mismatched packet sizes and recall some changes were DNS related.
I am overdue revisiting the packet size mismatch issue, as some network devices can now handle packets up to 9K in size, and the last time I addressed this issue, activities such as using the browser had become much more snappy. For anybody else considering diving into the murky waters of MTU and MSS, I would advise them that manufacturers define frame sizes differently (Cisco uses different standards for different OS), so take nothing for granted.