CMNA waitlisting

SOLVED
GabrielGamarra
Comes here often

CMNA waitlisting

Is there someone at Meraki certifications we can talk to to plead our case to actually get in to one of the CMNA trainings?  We have been trying for three years now, with no luck.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
MerakiDave
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

I would reach out directly to the certifications team via email (certifications-at-meraki.com where '-at-' is the at symbol) and let them know you've been trying to get into CMNA for a really long time.  The program is in very high demand, but it certainly shouldn't take 3 years to get in.  Depending on where you are in the world, CMNA might only come around once every 12-18 months, while in some other places it might be twice a year.  I just helped teach a CMNA in New York City recently, and I can tell you that (unfortunately) there were as many people on the wait list as in the classes. 

You should regularly check the partner portal (merakipartners.com) and when the next batch of CMNA classes comes your way, sign up immediately.  I want to say it's usually updated monthly so watch for new classes.  I say "batch" of classes, because when we run CMNA, it's 3 total classes.  It's a 1-day class but it runs 3 days in a row, typically Tue/Wed/Thur, so you can pick from 3 different classes.  And there's limited seating (only 15 seats per class) since you have pods of physical equipment for each lab station.  

Let the certifications team know your location and they can gauge demand and try to work something into the schedule.  One time last year, we actually did 2 weeks in a row in NYC, I'm guessing because there was so much demand, so we were able to get twice the number of people through CMNA that time around.  I'm not on the training/certification team but hopefully this helps.  Good luck.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
MerakiDave
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

I would reach out directly to the certifications team via email (certifications-at-meraki.com where '-at-' is the at symbol) and let them know you've been trying to get into CMNA for a really long time.  The program is in very high demand, but it certainly shouldn't take 3 years to get in.  Depending on where you are in the world, CMNA might only come around once every 12-18 months, while in some other places it might be twice a year.  I just helped teach a CMNA in New York City recently, and I can tell you that (unfortunately) there were as many people on the wait list as in the classes. 

You should regularly check the partner portal (merakipartners.com) and when the next batch of CMNA classes comes your way, sign up immediately.  I want to say it's usually updated monthly so watch for new classes.  I say "batch" of classes, because when we run CMNA, it's 3 total classes.  It's a 1-day class but it runs 3 days in a row, typically Tue/Wed/Thur, so you can pick from 3 different classes.  And there's limited seating (only 15 seats per class) since you have pods of physical equipment for each lab station.  

Let the certifications team know your location and they can gauge demand and try to work something into the schedule.  One time last year, we actually did 2 weeks in a row in NYC, I'm guessing because there was so much demand, so we were able to get twice the number of people through CMNA that time around.  I'm not on the training/certification team but hopefully this helps.  Good luck.

I did reach out to the certifications email so let's see if I get a response.  

Where can I find the list and requirements for the CMNA training?

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Tha main info is here:

https://meraki.cisco.com/partners

You are meant to have a Cisco CCNA or better style qualification, and be working for a Cisco Partner.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Wow you have been patient.  Where in the World are you?

LOL Almost 2 years just south of Boston, before I was in Corning, NY, but open to any locations along the East Coast, same as now.

AnnaT
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

@GabrielGamarra Thanks for reaching out to the certifications team, I've just responded to your email and look forward to hearing from you! Appreciate your continued patience.

@MerakiDave Thanks for your awesome and details response on this thread! Only correction I have is that the daily capacity is now 14, rather than 15.

Thanks @AnnaT for the update (I do recall now there were 14 stations a few weeks ago in NYC!) and taking care of @GabrielGamarra.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.