2020 Cisco Live Las Vegas

Solved
Network-dad
A model citizen

2020 Cisco Live Las Vegas

So who all here is going this year to Cisco Live here in the states? I have been wanting to go for as far back as I can rember but once again this year its sounds like management doesn't like the cost.  How has everyone been able to justify the cost of attending.. With our company going more and more towards full-stack Meraki at all our locations I'm finding it hard convincing them to spend the $2295 in conference fees. 

Dakota Snow | Network-dad Linkdedin
CMNO | A+ | ECMS2
Check out The Bearded I.T. Dad onThe Bearded I.T. DadThe Bearded I.T. Dad
1 Accepted Solution
Nash
Kind of a big deal

Unless something changes dramatically, I'll be going. (And would be delighted to have lunch one day with forum people.)

My company justifies it since we're a VAR. We rotate who goes each year, so this year is my year. Next year would not be, unless 2 other people didn't want to go. 

For mgmt - what if you got one of the cheaper passes? They record all the breakout sessions anyway. 🙂

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7
Nash
Kind of a big deal

Unless something changes dramatically, I'll be going. (And would be delighted to have lunch one day with forum people.)

My company justifies it since we're a VAR. We rotate who goes each year, so this year is my year. Next year would not be, unless 2 other people didn't want to go. 

For mgmt - what if you got one of the cheaper passes? They record all the breakout sessions anyway. 🙂

@Nash wrote:

That was my idea, The explorer pass is only $695 and that is what I'm now proposing to thems but I'm still struggling to show them value in that idea. Does anyone have any suggestions of going at just the Explorer level? 

CMNO | A+ | ECMS2
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Don't get caught like I did with Cisco Live Melbourne getting can cancelled.

I would delay purchasing the tickets, flights and accommodation for as long as possible - at least until the travel restrictions are lifted to China.

If you're purchasing a bunch of hardware you may be able to get the Cisco AM to add free learning credits which you can use to buy Cisco Live tickets.

Network-dad
A model citizen

What are some must-do things going with just the explorer pass?

CMNO | A+ | ECMS2
Nash
Kind of a big deal

Devnet devnet devnet devnet devnet devnet devnet

Did I mention Devnet?

Because Devnet.

It's pretty great.

I think also the walk-in self-paced labs.

CptnCrnch
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Capture the flag is fun!

• The Meraki one is rather easy if you‘re used to the Dashboard and API
  • The Security CTF is darn great!
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.