Ports Objects

Solved
ilBrigno
Conversationalist

Ports Objects

Hello guys,

Meraki added the possibility to manage hosts, FQDNs introducing the "Policy Objects" page, this can speed up the process while creating a Policy.

I've already requested a new feature but... do you have any idea if they will do the same for "Ports Objects"?

Right now it takes a lot to create a Policy, you have to specify if the policy is TCP, UDP and so on... you have to manually write the ports (53,80,443). Plus, if you have a protocol that is TCP and UDP at the same time, you have to create twice the rule by changing only the protocol type.

It would be awesome having the possibility to create an Port Objects or Port Objects Group... for example... HTTP (TCP/80) as a Port Object or WebAccess (HTTP,HTTPS,DNS) as Port Objects Group

Cheers!

1 Accepted Solution
ilBrigno
Conversationalist

Hey y'all,

For your information, this is the reply from Meraki support: "We understand how feature like this can be helpful for network administration and our development team have recognized the need for them. For now, only Network Object are support however In the future, we will introduce additional categories such as Application, Ports and etc."

Hope they will implement it as soon as possible.

Thanks!

Mario

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Unfortunately it is not possible yet.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

Hello!

I hope this will be in the roadmap cause it will help a lot users to speed up configuring policies.

And also, it is much easier instead reading port number by port number....

Thanks for the info

GIdenJoe
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I'm hoping right there with you too 😉

rhbirkelund
Kind of a big deal

In addition to logging it in a Wish, using the Feature Request button, on the dashboard, also open a ticket with Meraki Support and have them log it as a Enhancement Request, and then work with your Meraki Sales Engineer, to ensure it's being handled internally, and then just hope that it'll be released at some point. 🙂

LinkedIn ::: https://blog.rhbirkelund.dk/

Like what you see? - Give a Kudo ## Did it answer your question? - Mark it as a Solution 🙂

All code examples are provided as is. Responsibility for Code execution lies solely your own.

Hello @rhbirkelund, where can i suggest a feature request? If you are saying the "Give your Feedback" at the bottom page?

Anyway, i'm going to open a ticket for this and i'm going to suggest it to our Sales Engineer.

Thank you!

Hi,

Please use the "Give your Feedback" in the bottom right-hand corner so that your request will be directed to the engineering team. Also raising the issue with your SE is a great idea.

Kathleen

If you found this post helpful, please give it kudos. If my answer solved your problem, click "accept as solution" so that others can benefit from it.
KathleenJ
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

You have gotten some great advice. The more people who make feature requests the more visibility this will get to PMs.

If you found this post helpful, please give it kudos. If my answer solved your problem, click "accept as solution" so that others can benefit from it.
ilBrigno
Conversationalist

Hey y'all,

For your information, this is the reply from Meraki support: "We understand how feature like this can be helpful for network administration and our development team have recognized the need for them. For now, only Network Object are support however In the future, we will introduce additional categories such as Application, Ports and etc."

Hope they will implement it as soon as possible.

Thanks!

Mario

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.