Meraki MX67W

GurdMar
New here

Meraki MX67W

I'm trying to setup a Meraki MX67W - it has default IP of 192.168.0.1/255.255.0.0

How can i change this via the URL 192.168.0.1 or setup.meraki.com to use 192.168.0.1/255.255.255.0

Under configure i put in my WAN details as supplied by ISP - but can't seem to connect to internet from the LAN

4 Replies 4
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Check the quick start.

https://documentation.meraki.com/MX/MX_Quick_Start

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

I have done as per the quick start guide.

FYI, i power up the Meraki; and connect a laptop directly on LAN 2 port - i get an DHCP IP of 192.168.0.2 from the Meraki ( whose IP is the gateway 192.168.0.1 ) - i can ping 192.168.0.1 ok.

But if i connect my WAN / internet link - after a few seconds; my continuous ping 192.168.0.1 is "dropped" and i check my laptop IP and it has lost the IP of 192.168.0.2  ( and has 169.254.65.128 IP )

Removing the WAN link does not resolve the DHCP IP - i have to "factory" reset Meraki ; then i can get DHCP IP again of 192.168.0.2

Just wondering is there something wrong with my "new" MX67W

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

There's nothing wrong, you should connect the WAN to your ISP's router. But first of all, did you create an account on Meraki and register your MX on the dadhboard?

Meraki devices can only be managed via the dashboard, this is a cloud-based solution.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
MartinLL
Getting noticed

No, you cant change lan ip via the local management, nor do you need to.

Give the quick start guide another read through. Here are the steps summarized.

1. If you need to change wan settings before the MX can get internet access, connect your laptop to LAN port.

2. Sign in and modify wan uplinks as needed.

3. Flipp back to the status page and check if the box can reach the internet.

4. Hopp on to dashboard.meraki.com, create your network and modify settings. For example changing the vlans and ip subnets.

5. Add your mx67w to the network you just created.

If the MX can reach the internet you will soon see that the device is green and online under the sd-wan an security appliance status page.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.