MR65 - 0 mbps upload

Solved
DammN
Conversationalist

MR65 - 0 mbps upload

I just received my MR65 this past Fri and I can't go above 0mbps for the upload. Provider: T-Mo Home Internet. When connecting via different provider, things seem to be working fine however when trying to connect via T-Mo Home Internet gateway, things go south. Any suggestions how to troubleshoot ? Note that I have very-very limited access to the T-Mo gateway, consider almost none.

1 Accepted Solution
DammN
Conversationalist

After a long fight with T-Mo I ended up with different gateway and that solved the problem. T-Mo Home Internet - if you have KDV21 gateway, there is a good likelihood that you'd end  up in the same situation like myself. New gateway is from SagemCom. Thanks @KathleenJ  for your help !

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
KathleenJ
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

What happens when you plug a laptop/computer directly into the t-mobile gateway? Does that work?

If you found this post helpful, please give it kudos. If my answer solved your problem, click "accept as solution" so that others can benefit from it.
DammN
Conversationalist

Yes, this works. Basic connectivity via t-mo gateway is working just fine. It's just meraki vpn which is not able to get anything out. T-Mo gateway is this one: https://www.t-mobile.com/support/home-internet/arcadyan-gateway

I need some more information please. When you say Meraki VPN what do you mean? Also when you say 0 for upload speeds how did you determine this? If you can please explain in more detail what your setup is and what you are trying to accomplish that would be helpful.

In this instance, you may want to open a support case because you can show them the errors you are seeing and they can troubleshoot the VPN issue. On the top right-hand side of your dashboard there is a "?" and you can click that and then click on "Get Help". From there scroll to the bottom and select "Still need help?"

If you found this post helpful, please give it kudos. If my answer solved your problem, click "accept as solution" so that others can benefit from it.
DammN
Conversationalist

My setup is as follows:

1. T-Mo Home Internet + their gateway (url provided above)

2. Meraki MR56 (MVO - Cisco provided device) connecting to Cisco internal network (we seem to be working for the same company). Unfortunately, I can't provide more details as I"m just a user at the end of the pipeline. I've contacted our Cisco support and they pointed me to the T-Mo support. Same happened when I contacted T-Mo support, they redirected my request to Cisco. 

Issue:
Once device is up, I can connect to SSID (Cisco internal SSID) and I can ping outside world. When I test the speed via speedtest.net, upload is 0 mbps, download is relatively fine (30-100mbps, depending on the time when I measure). Simple web pages would load (no javascripts etc) but when I need an interactivity on the line, I can't get anything back. Simple http://facebook.com fails to load.

DammN
Conversationalist

After a long fight with T-Mo I ended up with different gateway and that solved the problem. T-Mo Home Internet - if you have KDV21 gateway, there is a good likelihood that you'd end  up in the same situation like myself. New gateway is from SagemCom. Thanks @KathleenJ  for your help !

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.