Isolate one location from my organization

SOLVED
Shubh3738
Getting noticed

Isolate one location from my organization

Hi,

Can anyone help me.

I have to remove only one network location from my organization and handover the same to another user with full privileges and with license.

I don't need to manage that location after the given full permissions to him.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
a5it
Getting noticed

Step 1: Create a New Organization for the Network

1. Navigate to 'Organization > Configure > Create Organization' in the Meraki Dashboard.
  2. Name the new organization.
  3. Click on 'Create Organization'.

Step 2: Move the Network to the New Organization

1. Go to 'Organization > Overview'.
  2. Select 'Change Organization' from the dropdown menu on the network you wish to move.
  3. Choose the new organization you created.

Please note that moving a network to a new organization will remove all historical data, such as event logs and usage statistics. The configuration settings will be retained.

Step 3: Assign Full Privileges to the New User

1. In the new organization, navigate to 'Organization > Administrators'.
  2. Click on '+ Add Administrator'.
  3. Enter the new user's email address.
  4. Set the role to 'Organization Owner' to grant full privileges.
  5. Click on 'Create'.

Step 4: Transfer the License

Licenses are tied to the organization, not the network, so you'll need to split your license if it's currently covering other networks.

1. Go to 'Organization > Configure > License Info'.
  2. Click on 'License more devices'.
  3. Follow the prompts to split your license.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You need to build a new organisation, and add a new network in the new org. Then the devices and the licenses have to be moved to the new org/network:

https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Inventory_and_Devices/Moving_Devices_between...

https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Licensing/How_to_Request_a_License_Transfer

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@Shubh3738 we had to do the same (although I was in control of both losing and gaining organisation) and it was easy, for most APs that we moved over the user sessions didn't even drop!

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

If the network is going into a brand new organisation (and this is a compulsory requirement for this option), open up a support case and request an "org split".

https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Organizations_and_Networks/Organization_Spli... 

This lets you move any number of networks, devices and licences into a brand new organisation.  You can not org split into an existing organisation.

a5it
Getting noticed

Step 1: Create a New Organization for the Network

1. Navigate to 'Organization > Configure > Create Organization' in the Meraki Dashboard.
  2. Name the new organization.
  3. Click on 'Create Organization'.

Step 2: Move the Network to the New Organization

1. Go to 'Organization > Overview'.
  2. Select 'Change Organization' from the dropdown menu on the network you wish to move.
  3. Choose the new organization you created.

Please note that moving a network to a new organization will remove all historical data, such as event logs and usage statistics. The configuration settings will be retained.

Step 3: Assign Full Privileges to the New User

1. In the new organization, navigate to 'Organization > Administrators'.
  2. Click on '+ Add Administrator'.
  3. Enter the new user's email address.
  4. Set the role to 'Organization Owner' to grant full privileges.
  5. Click on 'Create'.

Step 4: Transfer the License

Licenses are tied to the organization, not the network, so you'll need to split your license if it's currently covering other networks.

1. Go to 'Organization > Configure > License Info'.
  2. Click on 'License more devices'.
  3. Follow the prompts to split your license.
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.