Dashboard Throughput for WAN1 and WAN2

Solved
Zack24
Conversationalist

Dashboard Throughput for WAN1 and WAN2

Hi everybody,

How can I check for Dashboard Throughput for both WAN 1 and 2 separately?

For example in the picture below, if I choose Source IP Address Internet 1, does it mean my Dashboard Throughput will measure the speed test based on WAN 1? and if I choose Internet 2, does it mean my Dashboard Throughput will measure WAN 2? How about default?

Zack24_0-1699189543880.png

Thank you in advance.

1 Accepted Solution
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Dashboard throughput test will respect routing on MX/Z1 Appliances, therefore unidirectional or asymmetrical routing configuration can affect test results.

In other words, it will be measured based on the WAN that is defined as primary.

https://documentation.meraki.com/MX/Firewall_and_Traffic_Shaping/SD-WAN_and_Traffic_Shaping#Primary_...

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Dashboard throughput test will respect routing on MX/Z1 Appliances, therefore unidirectional or asymmetrical routing configuration can affect test results.

In other words, it will be measured based on the WAN that is defined as primary.

https://documentation.meraki.com/MX/Firewall_and_Traffic_Shaping/SD-WAN_and_Traffic_Shaping#Primary_...

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.