CRC Error

alehal
Here to help

CRC Error

Hello

One of our switches ports is showing Very high proportion of CRC errors on port 49. Weird part is on main screen for switches there is no items marked for Alert or showing as Offline. No users are indicating any issues with wireless at least so far. What would cause this from happening. Do you think replacing cable and cleaning port might help in this type of issueCRC error port 49.PNGswitches.PNG

2 Replies 2
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

CRC error means Layer 1 issue, check the cables.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
KathleenJ
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

I love CRC errors, mostly just kidding. But before Meraki I worked for a test equipment company. CRC errors as has been stated are almost always a cable issue. If you are using fiber instead of copper, then the probability of a bad cable increases greatly. 

To test if the issue is a cable or a port if possible, move the connection to a different switch port and see if the problem follows the port. If the issue follows the port then it's a cable issue. If the problem remains on the single port then you have a bad port. 

Let me know if you have any questions.

If you found this post helpful, please give it kudos. If my answer solved your problem, click "accept as solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.