All,Regarding Meraki License

SOLVED
Mohit_Dhanjal
Getting noticed

All,Regarding Meraki License

Hi All,

I have created new Meraki dashboard, need to add MR devices and License for the same, Can you suggest me to add license for new dashboard which option i can use - License more device or renew my dashboard license.

Also do i need to add devices first then add License for the same.

Thanks & Regards

Mohit Dhanjal

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Talhaturkdogan
Here to help

You can add licenses first and then add devices. For this, you need to have the order code and license key i think.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

If you just bought new gear, you need to use the option "License more device". And if you put in your order code that you got by mail, the devices and associated licenses are added simultaneously.

https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Licensing/Meraki_Licensing

BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

If you have ordered the hardware and licenses on the same order everything will be added to your inventory at the same time. If you have ordered separately it doesn't matter which you add first but the devices my not function until you have licensed them. 

Talhaturkdogan
Here to help

You can add licenses first and then add devices. For this, you need to have the order code and license key i think.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.