Application constantly reinstalls - Shows as missing even though it's installed (Windows)

Solved
Djordje
Conversationalist

Application constantly reinstalls - Shows as missing even though it's installed (Windows)

I have a problem with pushing applications. I created a few applications that I push to Windows machines, they are pushed and installed, but then when I go to the device on the Meraki dashboard, it shows that it's missing. Example ABR new (Admin By Request). 
The application is set to auto-install because when we add new workstations, we want this to auto-install.
Application also updates by itself; this is something I want to mention. 
What I need is to install this app if it's missing, to show that it's installed, and not constantly install/reinstall itself. I guess I'm making some mistake? 

Djordje_0-1726149223253.png

Djordje_1-1726149284698.png

Djordje_2-1726149335352.png

1 Accepted Solution
ConnorL
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Dashboard is expecting an application called "ABR NEW" to be installed on the device, which I suspect isn't the actual application name, due to this it'll assume the installation failed and will try again. Rename the app on Dashboard to what is reflected on the device and this should resolve your issue.

https://documentation.meraki.com/SM/Apps_and_Software/Installing_Custom_Apps_on_Windows_and_Mac_Devi...

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
ConnorL
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Dashboard is expecting an application called "ABR NEW" to be installed on the device, which I suspect isn't the actual application name, due to this it'll assume the installation failed and will try again. Rename the app on Dashboard to what is reflected on the device and this should resolve your issue.

https://documentation.meraki.com/SM/Apps_and_Software/Installing_Custom_Apps_on_Windows_and_Mac_Devi...

Djordje
Conversationalist

I can confirm that this worked. Thank you one more time. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.