"Unknown Payload"

jared_f
Kind of a big deal

"Unknown Payload"

We have been using the wallpaper configuration profile and have been testing the app configuration profile for sometime now and have noticed that these payloads show up as "Unknown Payload". Is there a fix for this?

Just looking for clarification!

Jared

Find this helpful? Click the kudos button. Thanks!
3 REPLIES 3
MerakiDave
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Have not seen that, but are the devices fully up to date or is there an OS update pending?  Assuming the devices are supervised?  Also assuming you already went through the steps to create/upload the Apple MDM push certificate?  Maybe have a quick look over this support doc https://documentation.meraki.com/SM/Profiles_and_Settings/Managed_device_does_not_receive_deployed_a... and call in to Support if still seeing the "unknown payload" message.

jared_f
Kind of a big deal

@MerakiDave

To clarify, the profiles are installing on the device. These were some of my suspicions. I dismissed this, as it does not impact anything on the profile side it is just kind of a cosemetic annoyance when I am looking at the profiles and I have to go into the details to actually view what it is.

All of the device are up to date, supervised (via DEP), and everything is good for push certs. As I said before, the devices recive the profiles and they do what they are supposed to. Here is an image of what we are seeing (this is with the Wallpaper Config Profile):

IMG_0001.PNG

~Jared 

Find this helpful? Click the kudos button. Thanks!
GavinMcMenemy
Building a reputation

Was a solution to this ever found????
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels