"Failed to generate or fetch a screenshot." OR the Screenshot is "cached" from 10/19/2018

JesseSunday
Here to help

"Failed to generate or fetch a screenshot." OR the Screenshot is "cached" from 10/19/2018

Does anyone else have issues with the System Manager "screenshot" function not working properly?  All other functions (Process list, Command Line, etc.) work fine.

I either get "

Failed to generate or fetch a screenshot.

" OR it just displays a cached screenshot from 10/19/2018 around 4:30 pm EST.

Support's "answer" is that because I don't pay for SM they will not respond to my questions.  

12 REPLIES 12
MacuserJim
A model citizen

I don't know what would be causing that, but have you tried in an incognito window or another browser to see if it's an issue with an extension or something?

Yes, I've tried it from other machines/different browsers, even machines on which I've never used SM Screenshot on before, and the results are all the same.  

@JesseSunday is your client device a Mac or PC?

Thanks for the response.  All clients are PC.

@JesseSunday are the correct ports open on your firewall to allow Systems manager traffic? 

Do all other features work with those clients?

Has this issue just begin or have the affected clients always had this problem?

Have you tried disabling their antivirus?

Yes, all the other features work for all (65+) other clients.  The Screenshot used to work fine, prior to 10/19/2018, now it doesn't work on ANY client.  

I would open a case with support, I suspect they have changed something as I cannot use this feature either. 

I did open a case.  Sadly, their response was that I'm not paying for SM, therefore, they will not support it.  😞  Considering the TENS of thousands of dollars we've spent over the years with Meraki you'd think they would at least attempt to diagnose and fix a product of theirs that's clearly broken.  (and seemly broken for others, thank you for confirming it doesn't work for you either)

ozan
New here

I have the same problem. I've tried with different browsers, computers and internet connection but the result is the same

Thank you for your response. Hopefully, Meraki will take notice. Do you pay for System Manager or are you a free user like I am?
Andy_D
New here

I found this issue to be with the latest release 1.0.98. I reverted my clients back to 1.0.95 and screenshots are functional again.

JWC
Conversationalist

Hello. Can you elaborate on how and what you're reverting back?  Thank you. -JWC

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels