iPad Hang (freeze) after app update in Single App Mode.

AshvinGargav
Comes here often

iPad Hang (freeze) after app update in Single App Mode.

Hello All,

I am working for a IOT & Automation Based product, which used in Hospitality industry, From some time we are struggling with application update problem, we install application in hotel rooms with Single App Mode profile, but whenever we tried to update our application via meraki in Single app mode, iPad OS get hang and Home, Sleep & Volume buttons stops working. 

Now only way to get control is Hard Reboot the device. is any one facing same problem with latest iOS versions.

2 Replies 2
PaulF
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

iOS isn't great with updating an app that's in kiosk mode, as you've found out

I'd take the device out of kiosk mode, update the app, get the device, after 5 minutes or so, to check in, then put the device back in to kiosk mode again

AshvinGargav
Comes here often

Thanks @PaulF  for Answer,

But we having number of iPad(s) in our Hotels (Client side), few of our hotels having more then 500 iPads, and it's very lengthy process to update app one by one going in room, with manual efforts, also we have to wait for rooms to be available for update app, i am looking for way, by that we can automatically update application.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels