iOS11.3 - Update not installing

SOLVED
misterharrison
Getting noticed

iOS11.3 - Update not installing

Hi all

I am having some odd behaviour from some of our iPads, all of which are on DEP and supervised.

We recently pushed iOS11.3 out to all our iPads, keen to get some of the new functionality. Many of them installed without any problems, but we are having a problem with a few where there is a red "1" in the Software Update section of Settings, but when you go in it says the iPad is up to date even though it is still on 11.2.6.

Has anyone else seen this? I have tried a hard reset on the device and resent the install command, but no joy.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
vassallon
Kind of a big deal

@misterharrison I have seen this happen on a few iPads here and the only solution I have found is to reset the network settings on the device.

From what I have seen something has gotten hung up with the update and the only way to trigger it is to reset network settings.

Found this helpful? Give me some Kudos! (click on the little up-arrow below)

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
vassallon
Kind of a big deal

@misterharrison I have seen this happen on a few iPads here and the only solution I have found is to reset the network settings on the device.

From what I have seen something has gotten hung up with the update and the only way to trigger it is to reset network settings.

Can you expand a little on what you mean by “reset the network settings”? Do you mean the WiFi connection profile?

Here is the link from Apple on resetting network settings:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204051

It's step 7 of the process but nonetheless quite handy to keep in the troubleshooting tool kit.

Thanks, Vassallon. That did the trick!

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels