deny app on macosx

SOLVED
Namik
Comes here often

deny app on macosx

Hello,

i want to deny apps on macosx.

i added new security policy on the system manager->policies.

i added apps to "Running apps blacklist."

OSX: Pages.app

But Pages is working.

Can you help me please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
jared_f
Kind of a big deal

@Namik I have been begging Meraki to allow us to use a blacklist policy to kill the process, but it has not been implemented. I invite you to "submit a wish". 

Are you user's admins? If not, you could use OSX server and create a "folder restriction" with the path to pages. I have went ahead and created the payload for it and here is a Google Drive share link. It works fine on my MacBook Pro - pages won't open with the error:

Screen Shot 2018-07-24 at 4.00.46 PM.png

Only admins can get around it.

Drive link:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1txtoOPsxWrM21xX5dutV_Z7otsHfe69D/view?usp=sharing

Hope this helps,

Jared

Find this helpful? Click the kudos button. Thanks!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
jared_f
Kind of a big deal

@Namik I have been begging Meraki to allow us to use a blacklist policy to kill the process, but it has not been implemented. I invite you to "submit a wish". 

Are you user's admins? If not, you could use OSX server and create a "folder restriction" with the path to pages. I have went ahead and created the payload for it and here is a Google Drive share link. It works fine on my MacBook Pro - pages won't open with the error:

Screen Shot 2018-07-24 at 4.00.46 PM.png

Only admins can get around it.

Drive link:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1txtoOPsxWrM21xX5dutV_Z7otsHfe69D/view?usp=sharing

Hope this helps,

Jared

Find this helpful? Click the kudos button. Thanks!
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels