Windows Endpoint Agent 4.2.2 flagged as trojan (Win32/Vigorf.A) by Windows Defender

BertramC
Just browsing

Windows Endpoint Agent 4.2.2 flagged as trojan (Win32/Vigorf.A) by Windows Defender

Windows Defender is flagging Endpoint Agent 4.2.2 as a Win32/Vigorf.A trojan. Can anyone point me to where I can download previous versions of the Endpoint Agent? Thanks. 

4 Replies 4
BHC_RESORTS
Head in the Cloud

3 weeks later and still no update on this? Should we just consider MDM for Windows an abandoned product and seek a refund?

https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/a84c7c381622076877a5f21fed97cb7cf987a8896be350136d2f6ec9785fcadc...

BHC Resorts IT Department
QueJay
New here

If you change the default system version in the Dashboard and attempt to access your network with a device to receive the self-service portal it will prompt you to download the default version; which can be as low as 3.7.2 right now I believe.

BrandonD
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hi All,

Brandon here from the dedicated SM Support team 😊.

I would recommend opening a Support case (Dashboard > (?) > Get help & cases > Support Center > SM Systems Manager > Submit a case) as Support can provide a detailed analysis of what we believe could be causing this, and potential next steps. In short, our Agent download/ SHA-1 hash value has not changed since the initial release of 4.2.2 however we did start to receive cases in relation to this issue more recently. 

Thanks All!

@BrandonD 

The problem is that 6 security vendors are flagging the hash as malicious, including Microsoft. Not sure what we can do differently other than for Meraki to work with those vendors to have the hash NOT flagged as malicious.

BHC_RESORTS_0-1724710587770.png

BHC Resorts IT Department
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels