Wifi Profile and Wifi Certificate Issue

MikeMandalorian
A model citizen

Wifi Profile and Wifi Certificate Issue

I manage over 200 Ipads with Meraki MDM and we were given access to a School systems WIfi couple years ago. They created a Custom UN/PW for me to preset in Meraki and provided a Cert. that is updated Biyearly. Generally this works flawlessly but every now and then it seems to break for a couple Ipads(different each time) and i have to either goto the School where a staff member is and put in on a hotspot update the profile or bring it back to the office and wipe/reload it. The school systems uses Aruba for their AP's.  

4 REPLIES 4
BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@MikeMandalorian  is the Wifi profile deployed with other settings in the same profile?

I have found best practise is to have wifi and other settings seperated otherwise each time you make changes it has to push EVERYTHING in the profile including the WIFI info which can break the connection requiring manual intervention. 

It is in the same profile ,, Unfortunately I can't make that change until the summertime but i can test it with another Ipad 

@MikeMandalorian  I would put money on it that's your issue. I have been bitten by that in the past. 

@BlakeRichardson  probably knows the specifics; but some people use an Apple to USB cable, and then an Apple USB network adaptor.

This lets you plug a mobile device like an iPad into a wired Ethernet port so it can pull a new profile.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels