What can be monitored using Meraki MDM ?

tinkushal
Here to help

What can be monitored using Meraki MDM ?

Dear All,

I have an iPhone and my organization uses Meraki MDM. We have installed a meraki profile on our phones and the company has pushed some apps including email setup. I wanted to know what all can be accessed/monitored by my company as most of us use the phone for personal use too. I had the following questions:

1. Can the company access my personal files, photos etc on my iphone and keep a backup of my files

2. Can the company access apps on my iphone and monitor social media messages (whatsapp, twitter, etc)

It would be very helpful if someone could answer my questions. 

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
CptnCrnch
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Basically, the Company will not be able to access your personal data outside of the apps managed by Meraki SM.

Perhaps someone can chime in if this is still true if the iPhone is enrolled via Apple DEP.

Hi. Can you throw some light on iPhone enrolled via Apple DEP? I have never heard about that. 

Noah_Salzman
Meraki Alumni (Retired)
Meraki Alumni (Retired)

Refer to Apple's official doc. Meraki SM (and other MDM products that use Apple's MDM features) only have the controls available that Apple provides. 

https://www.apple.com/business/docs/resources/Managing_Devices_and_Corporate_Data_on_iOS.pdf

The answers you are looking for can be found in that doc under the "MDM cannot see personal data such as" list.

Thanks a lot for your reply. My organization's meraki profile has the following permissions: 

Meraki.jpg

As can be seen, its written that they can erase all date and settings; however, apple's document mentions only company's data can be erased. Also, its written they can install and remove applications and data. Does that mean they can remove my personal applications and data? Thanks in advance. Awaiting your reply

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels