Unable to sync AD users in SM

SOLVED
6str1ngt3ch
Conversationalist

Unable to sync AD users in SM

Good day all! I just started configuring SM recently.  I have an AD integration with our MX firewalls and that is working well.  I do see all the authentication logs being generated with the corresponding usernames, I can pull AD groups to assign policies, etc.  All good there.

Now when I configured SM to use AD, I choose the MX as the gateway (not sure what to use for the domain since technically our internal domain and email domain don't match...don't ask I inherited this mess lol) but when running the sync command from the SM overview page it gives me an error which says "Encountered an error when importing AD users."

The only other place I could try to import anything from AD was from Owners menu.  When I tried to import AD groups there I just get "No Active Directory users found"

I have a case open with Meraki support but am wondering if maybe someone here knows what I'm missing.

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
6str1ngt3ch
Conversationalist

disregard.  seems like I needed to have an actual device enrolled with an AD user which I just did.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
6str1ngt3ch
Conversationalist

disregard.  seems like I needed to have an actual device enrolled with an AD user which I just did.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels