Unable to remove device management from iPad

ArranFlynn
New here

Unable to remove device management from iPad

Hi there,

I deleted an iPad from Systems Manager > Devices and I can't seem to be able to remove the Management profile from the device now. I can't even seem to re-add it to Devices.

I have tried 'Reset all Settings' from the iPad itself, Recovery mode reset from iTunes, and Restore from iTunes.

Every time I reset the device it just prompts me with a login screen titled 'Remote Management' 'Invalid network ID'.

I have added a new owner via the Systems Manager > Configure > Owners but when entering these details I get the message 'Your credentials are either missing or wrong. Try again.'

What can I do? We now have a device we are unable to use.

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks,

Arran

1 REPLY 1
MattMorg
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

It sounds like the device still has DEP settings assigned to it, so it is still getting the Remote Management pane during iOS Setup Assistant for automatic device enrollment. To remove those settings, either "Remove" the settings in SM > DEP page (so you see the DEP settings as "Empty"). Or completely release the device from Apple's School or Business Manager portal. Upon next factory reset, the device should setup without the Remote Management screen. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels