There are no apps to install, since your administrator hasn't made any available to you yet

Tomb_PCNPA
Conversationalist

There are no apps to install, since your administrator hasn't made any available to you yet

We run a Meraki Managed Domain and have a number of phones running Android 7 configured with Android for Work.

When testing a new app today we've noticed that all of our previously approved apps are no longer appearing in the Store Home section of the Managed Google Play Store on the phones. All you get is the message "There are no apps to install, since your administrator hasn't made any available to you yet.

When you select the My Work Apps section of the Managed Google Play store you can't update any previously installed apps, though strangely you can install apps not on the phone by going through the Library tab.

When we've had a problem with apps disappearing from the store in the past it's been down to app permissions so I logged into our Managed Google Play Store from a web browser and unapproved one of the apps.

Switching back to Meraki System Manager and pressing the Sync Apps button in the App Management pane then updated the status of the app to show as not approved.

Opening the app from App Management, I then approved it again.

Switching back to the Managed Google Play Store and refreshing the page confirmed that the app was now approved.

The app then appeared in the Store Home section of the Managed Google Play Store on the phone, but only for a while, perhaps 30 minutes or so. I've tried this with a number of apps and they've all done the same.

All other aspects of Meraki SM appear to be working correctly, I can modify the settings applied to the phones and other options, I just looks like something keeps refreshing and stopping apps being installed or updated. Does anyone have any ideas they could share with me please?

2 REPLIES 2
TylerJ
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hi Tomb_PNCPA,

This is an odd case and haven't heard of this happening in the past. Is this still an issue?

If so, I recommend contacting Meraki Support if you're able and working with them, as this sounds like some sort of backend sync issue with MDM and Google, not necessarily something wrong with the profile being pushed and up-to-date on the device. 

Best,
-Tyler J

Chris123
Comes here often

I have actually just raised a ticket today where any new approved apps are not showing on the managed device in the Play Store, the previous list of approved apps are. Its almost as if it is not properly syncing between Meraki and Google Work Store. I checked app permissions also and everything was fine too.

Chris

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels