System Manager for Huawei Devices

gavila08
Comes here often

System Manager for Huawei Devices

Hi Team,

I'm trying to integrate an Android device form Huawei but due to the "recent" changes from Huawei the playstore is not available anymore, Is there a way to integrate this android from huawei device to system manager?

6 REPLIES 6
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I imagine this would only be able to work in BYOD mode now.  You would have to sideload the app.

Hi @PhilipDAth,

Due to the new update from Huawei there is only access to the device through something called "Huawei ID" after that only exists an appGallery for Huawei. I tried to associated my google account to the device but the apps (or even the playstore) are not appearing in the device. 

I also installed the gspace for all the goolge stuff but still not able to install the work profile in the device.

Hi @PhilipDAth,

As you mentioned I installed the sme.apk file and I was able to create the work profile but unable to install the apps due to the missing google playstore. HuaweiError-SME.jpeg

And the new Huawei devices has their own app gallery. Also tried to replicate the system manager app into gspace without any success result.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I see.

I can't see how that would work.

Mike_fbr
Conversationalist

Hi! any update on this issue with huawei devices? Is there any way to use Meraki MDM on Huawei devices or are they not supported?

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

They wont work, as they don't support Android Enterprise.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels