Signing Certificates

Solved
misdept
Here to help

Signing Certificates

Hi I need some help! I am trying to update our signing certificates because 2 seemed to have expired. The new certs were pushed out to the iPads and they are on them and show the updated ones in the certificate list in Meraki. But if you look at the Meraki management profile on the iPad they still show out of date. I have researched this a bit and it suggested reinstalling the MDM and for some that works but others I get an error that states "profile installation failed the new MDM payload does not match the old payload" which necessarily means that a profile is already on the device. My question is, is there a way to update them without me removing the current management profile because I would rather not have to redo over 200 iPads. 

Any input would be helpful!

1 Accepted Solution
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

For Apple devices that are in Device Owner mode, if you let the certificate expire you have to wipe the device and re-enrol them into the MDM.

If they are in Supervised Mode, you'll have to remove the management profile and re-enrol.

This is a compulsory policy by Apple.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

For Apple devices that are in Device Owner mode, if you let the certificate expire you have to wipe the device and re-enrol them into the MDM.

If they are in Supervised Mode, you'll have to remove the management profile and re-enrol.

This is a compulsory policy by Apple.

ugh that sucks. Thanks though!

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels