Scoping Apps to Individual Device or Owner

SOLVED
Penny4URThought
Conversationalist

Scoping Apps to Individual Device or Owner

There must be an easy way to do this, but I am unable to find any documentation to show me how.

Is there a way to scope apps to a single device or user? The only option I am seeing is to create a unique owner or device tag and scope the app to that tag. It would be great to be able to select the device/owner from the device inventory/ASM or AD sync without having to create a custom tag.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I don't think so.  It's all based around using tags.

Usually, when I'm doing something like that I create a tag for the application and then assign that tag to the user(s) that I want to have that application.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I don't think so.  It's all based around using tags.

Usually, when I'm doing something like that I create a tag for the application and then assign that tag to the user(s) that I want to have that application.

Thanks for your response. Very helpful. 

Got it. So that means creating a manual tag for the app and selecting the one, two, three, devices, etc. that you want to have the software. You then scope the app to that tag in the App policy settings?

Correct.

Awesome. Thank you for all of your help!

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels